Arai XD4 Explore
Arai quickly stepped up to fill that niche when it created a whole new helmet category: the dual sport helmet. Arai called these helmets its XD series and the XD4 featured here is the latest evolution.
( 0 vote ) 0
If you enter into a car it is quite unlikely that you would not be using seat belts. In the same logic, it is highly important that when you are on a two wheelers or motorbike, you must use helmets. It is extremely useful and prevents a number of deaths which occur due to injuries on the head.
According to reports and statistics, almost 70% of fatal two-wheeler road accidents occur because of head injuries. In many cases, severe head injuries and mortalities occur because of the poor quality of helmets.
Hence it is very important to choose the right sport and two wheeler helmet to protect the head and the brain against serious injuries.
How to Choose the Right Dual Sport Helmet?
There are a number of important factors that should be taken into account when one chooses a bike or dual sport helmet.
The most vital component is the shell of the helmet. These are made from high-quality plastic shells. They play a big role in holding the helmet together should a crash take place. They are resistance to puncture. They are designed to slide when an impact takes place. This goes a long way in protecting your head in case of a severe accident.
The liner of the helmet is also vital and it is generally made from quality polystyrene foam. If there is a crash, the force is dissipated by the liner and hence not much impact is felt by the head. However, it is important to ensure that the liner fits comfortably in your head. Apart from the above, there are other important attributes which also should be taken into account.
There are dozens of brands in the market and each one has its own specialties. It would be interesting to have a closer look at the much talked about Arai XD4 Explore Dual Sport Helmet. It is considered by many to be one of the best dual sport helmets that are available in the market. Hence it would be interesting to have a closer look at the various features associated with this helmet.
Features of the Helmet:
This particular brand of helmet is quite feature-rich and has various features and therefore customers have a special liking for it. It is a helmet which has hit the market after a long wait and therefore it creates a lot of interest and excitement. Here are a few features which are quite exciting:
- This is a new model which is coming in place of the earlier XD3 version.
- It is a very popular because it serves more than one purpose. It is much sought after by adventure riders and dual sport activists.
- It is very low in weight and comes with many extensive safety and comfort features.
- The Arai XD4 is famous because it uses a totally new shell shape. This goes a long way in giving the help a much larger aerodynamic stability even at street speeds which are higher than the average.
- It also has a number of improved fit features.
- The comfort headliner also has a 5mm peel away temple pads which are famous for their micro fitting techniques.
- The interiors are washable, removable and also replaceable. Therefore this is a unique feature which has won many accolades from customers.
A Few More Features Worth Mentioning:
Apart from the above, there are a few more very attractive features which go a long way in making it a very popular model of helmet.
- The Arai XD4 has been designed with a special dry-cool technology. This assists in keeping the head and face of the rider cooler and drier especially during the summer seasons.
- It also features a unique Facial Contour Support feature which also is referred to as FCS.
- Other important and attractive features are the completely new exhaust ports. This has been added to diffuser located atop the top diffuser vents.
- Apart from the above the helmet also has new chin vent resulting in more ports for intake.
- The side cowl vents have been sculpted quite brilliantly. This makes the helmet quite comfortable with improved ventilation.
- The helmet is lightweight and weighs only 6.5 pounds.
- It comes with a dimension of 15 inches x 11.5 inches x 11 inches.
- It is a DOT certified helmet and therefore quality is automatically ensured.
- It also comes with the usual warranty, return, and replacements policies.
- Visiting the website of the company and also visiting some good e-commerce sites will certainly help to find out more about the guaranty and warranty policies and terms and conditions.
Arai XD4 Pros:
The customer review of any product is a good yardstick to find out more about the acceptance of the product. When one looks at it, there are reasons to believe that it is one of the customer-friendly helmets to have hit the market currently.
It has an almost 100% 5-star rating which speaks volumes about the quality, features, specifications and value for money of the product. The flow through according to many customers is quite awesome and the ergonomics and looks have also attracted many customers towards it.
It is very quiet on the road and hence you will be able to hear what is happening around you. This is unlike many such helmets which do not offer this facility.
Arai XD4 Cons:
Going by the various reviews there are reasons to believe that it is almost a 100% perfect helmet. However, it is still early days and as a number of customers use the helmet and send in their reviews, it will help all of us to have a broader and wider perspective of the helmet.
After looking at the features, specifications, pros, cons and last but not the least the price, one can easily surmise that the Arai XD4 dual sport helmet walks the talk in almost all parameters.
Customers have many reasons to feel happy about the product and are confident that they will get the best value for money for years to come. It is certainly a long lasting and rugged dual purpose helmet, built with the best of quality and design specifications.