In past times, just the really serious motorcycle riders routinely put on basic safety helmets when riding. Nowadays, a growing number of everyday bikers are adopting the practice of sporting cool motorcycle helmets.
The fact is, at last count at least twenty of the fifty states now have laws and regulations necessitating cyclists to use headgear.
Today’s motorcycle helmets are lightweight and trendy, providing motorcycle riders of every age group and expertise the advantages of extra protection and also providing comfort and ease.
Regardless of an individual’s biking style, donning a cycle helmet must be a crucial component of any ride. The true secret for you to get the most from headgear is to locate the one which fits correctly and is also suitable for its planned use.
Comprehending the Standard Parts of a Motorcycle Helmet:
Prior to investing in purchasing a helmet, you will need to fully grasp the standard elements of most helmets and exactly how they impact comfort and ease, excess weight, functionality, and sturdiness.
- Liner: This is actually the polystyrene foam that layers the interior of most helmets. In the event of an impact, the lining assimilates the impact from the force and is also the final line of protection for the riders head in a collision. When searching for a cycle helmet, choose a liner that is situated comfortably around the head. A liner needs to be totally undamaged and completely free of dings and dents, chips, or any other damage.
- Shell: The plastic-type exterior covering, or shell, is really what provides a cool motorcycle helmet its style and color. More than merely for adornment, however, the shell also provides beneficial protection, because it keeps the cycle helmet together on impact, provides puncture-resistant safeguards, and makes it possible for the head protection to skid in the event of an accident; this will help to protect against head and neck traumas in the collision.
- Ventilation: Vents improve a riders ease and comfort, permitting fresh air to pass over and throughout the head protection. This will make for a much cooler, more pleasing experience. Clearly, the greater vents head gear has, the much cooler the biker is going to be.
- Straps: A helmet strap technique really should go with the riders biking design and style. Durable, heavy straps are ideal for off-road or challenging geography cycling. However, slender, light-weight straps are a great selection for street biking or bike racing. Straps ought to be completely changeable for comfort and ease and correct fit, and really should feature closures that are simple to manage. For women bike riders, some straps devices have been developed specifically to allow for a ponytail, creating an improved fit plus a much more relaxed ride.
As you can see once you have taken into account the critical aspects of a cycle helmet as the liner, the shell, the ventilation and the straps you will be free to focus on getting a cool motorcycle helmet that will help you look great and still be protected.
Don’t Miss These Cool Motorcycle Helmets:
For more information, click on the helmet name.
The Arai Corsair V Race Carbon is considered by many to be the best helmet out there. It takes everything that the original Arai Corsair V has but instead of a fiberglass shell, the Corsair V Race Carbon is made of 100% carbon fiber. This makes the helmet ultra strong, light and extremely comfortable to wear. It’s a big reason why this helmet is very popular with professional racers.
It is also a big reason why the Corsair V Race Carbon is considered the most expensive motorcycle helmet on the market at around $4000.
No, this helmet is not for the average casual rider, but for hardcore and pro rider it’s well worth the price.
A natural fiber interior provides optimal comfort, and with sizing for men and women, there is something for every customer.
It features an anti-fog and scratch visor, along with quick release goggle design and a face protection mask keeps you safe, regardless of the road conditions you are in.
With an adjustable muzzle, you can select your comfort levels. A fidlock magnetic connection system is also in place, with integrated speaker pockets.
A lightweight composite shell is durable, comfortable, and provides overhead protection.
There is also a removable and washable interior liner, so you can keep the helmet clean, and also help maintain the coolest temperatures possible with each ride.
Their nickname was the “Flying Tigers” and they had the shark-faced design painted on their planes. The design is one of the most famous and recognizable in combat aircraft history.
The helmet itself isn’t too bad either. It has a lightweight polycarbonate shell, adjustable air vents, and an anti-fog visor.
Inside it features contoured cheek pads for a comfortable fit and removable, washable liner that include speaker pockets for earphones. This helmet is also fairly priced, you could pick one up for under $180.
Every rider knows the importance of having good protection when on the road. Having a quality helmet can potentially save one’s life should an accident occur. The Nexx XR1R full face helmet is large and covers the whole face, yet it is also very light and comfortable.
The internal padding ensures that it can fit all users perfectly, irrespective of the shape of the head. The outer shell is made of carbon which makes it quite strong and resistant.
It costs $599 and is shipped free from Amazon. The manufacturers have gone out of their way to create a helmet that is attractive, modern and comfortable.
You have to admit the Arioh J 106 is extremely cool looking. Airoh is led by Antonio Locatelli and has been churning out the style since 1998. The Italians know all about style and the Airoh J 106 is no exception. Sure, some say it’s a little tight with minimal padding and even somewhat noisier than most but this cool motorcycle helmet offers something else. That something else is unrivaled class and style.
Its thermoplastic shell does feel a little too plastic-like but the paintwork is outstanding. Ventilation is adequate and the chin bar is completely removable. The sun visor is internally housed and can be rotated into any position which is a nice touch. The helmet is fairly lightweight at about 3 lbs 2 oz.
Remember, you’re buying this helmet for the cool factor… and for that it’s priceless.
Cool Motorcycle Helmets for Women – Suggested Brands:
My brother, who is a motorcycle enthusiast himself, recommended two brands of cool motorcycle helmets that can stand out from the crowd.
- Icon Airframe: The Airframe Pro model from Icon is on top of the recommendation list. According to the brother, this is by far the most stylish motorcycle helmet that he has seen in the market. He also advised that this is not cheap at all because the helmet’s suggested retail price starts at $400.
- Scorpion EXO Series: Another model that my brother recommended is Scorpion EXO-R410 which is also stylish but is much cheaper than the first one for about $200.
DIY Designs for Cool Motorcycle Helmets:
He also mentioned that in case the branded models of motorcycle helmets did not catch my attention, I can always opt for custom made helmets. Or since I am an artist, I can customize a motorcycle helmet all by myself.
I love tattoos. The brother had this cool idea of having matching tattoos on my body and my helmet. The idea isn’t bad at all.
A motorcycle helmet with Mohawk is another one of my brother’s crazy ideas. This will surely ensure visibility on the road which can result to lesser chances of getting hit by another rider or a car driver.
The final suggestion from my brother was to have one of my customized artworks printed on the motorcycle helmet. He mentioned that I can show my love for skulls, hearts and musical notes by having these designs airbrushed on a helmet.
“Wait! What about those crazy cool motorcycle helmets we wanted to see?” If the cool helmets above weren’t enough… here’s a selection of “best” for you to chuckle at…